Saturday, August 25, 2012

New beginnings

I love blogs, I love to write, but for some reason me writing a blog has never quite worked out. I've been blogging even before I'd ever even heard the term blog. You can date my live journal back to July 23, 2003 almost 10 years ago now when I was just a young, naive 15 year old girl. I can still remember my first posts, it seemed like a strange new world to me back then. I did experiment with a few websites back before that though, before myspace or youtube it might have been small, but I was part of the vanity of young girls making websites dedicated to themselves. It was silly, and vain, but it taught me a lot about making websites and layouts, if only I was to remember any html now...

Anyways, though my live journal is still up and running the posts have been sparse at best with periods of up to a year between posts. I've used it a lot more over the years to join communities, read fiction and embarrassingly enough write some very silly fan fiction. I still lament the days when Livejournal was king, it probably still is my favourite forum to really connect with strangers till they are no longer strangers, but friends. Alas though, all things do change and here I am on Blogger.

I've started and deleted this journal more times than I can count. I am just not consistent enough, a common problem in my life. It's been a blog for youtube, which didn't last long, a fashion blog and on multiple occasions a personal blog. I find myself now at a bit of a stalemate in life, I am bored, I am dull and I'm running on empty. I'm tired of doing nothing, I'm tired of reading blogs and wanting to join in. No one may read this, or everyone might, either way I need something new and this is it. So hello world I am Vanessa.

Before anything else let me introduce myself. My name is Vanessa, I am 24 years old and I've lived my entire life in Vancouver, British Columbia. I recently graduated from College and am doing nothing with it. I work in retail instead and when I think back to when I was that young, naive 15 year old girl with a blog I never imagined myself stuck here at 24. I am floundering, I know it is something that all young adults go through, but I've come to the realization that I have no idea what my next step will be and at this point shouldn't I at least know?

Now my life isn't all bad, I've actually enjoyed a lot of it along the way. When it comes to goals, outside of my professional life, I am kickass at achieving them. I've pushed myself, I've done things I was scared of, I've broadened my horizons, I'm quite proud of the adult I've become. For the most part.

I've always been good at writing, but I am the worst at writing endings, and maybe that will be another goal of mine that writing this blog might help me finesse along the way. Until then I'm going to use this blog to clear my head, write out my thoughts and help me steer myself in the right direction. I've always been shy, kept my personal business to myself, but in the past few years have just kind of grown a who cares attitude to how others see me. It's the thick skin I should have developed years ago in high school, but it's here now and so is my blog to prove it.

Alright, I think that's enough for one night.

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment